Sunday, September 30, 2007

Procrastination

So last week I put forth much effort to stay on top of my studies. I tried to get them done early in the week thinking that if I did everything early then I wouldn’t have a crunch time at the end of the week. Well I don’t know how it happened, but I spent a lot of time in the library, and a lot of time being diligent and I still managed to have a crunch time at the end of the week. I don’t know. I’m trying it again this week maybe I just had some build up from the week before. So perhaps this week I will do better. Here is the thing though. I have learned that people will fill up the time you give them. Meaning if you give someone 3 hours to do something, then it will take them 3 hours. But if you only gave them one hour to do it, then they will finish it in one hour. I think there is some sort of name or term for this, but I don’t know what it is. So there is a balance to be found. It is obvious that if you procrastinate too much, you will be in a hole. But if you have too much time to do something then you will be in the same hole. What are crazy college kids supposed to do?

2 comments:

A-L said...

Interesting blog. Isn't having too much time the same thing as procrastination? I mean usually when I have more time to do something that's when I procrastinate. Although as I'm typing this I think you may mean someone who is ideal and actually uses all of that time wisely to get things done. :) I guess the key is to somehow figure out how much time is reasonable to accomplish any given task. Allow yourself enough time to get it done well, but not too much time that you 'waste' time doing it.

markstewy said...

I feel your pain my friend...