Saturday, July 5, 2008

Moving

So I just moved from West Cambridge #8 on Condo Row to the infamous Monticello White brick apartments by the duck pond. So I was actually feeling quite down about moving. And then I checked the apartment out and realized I had forgotten how small it was and things started to fall down on me. I started to really want to go back to my old place where I knew everyone and life was predictable. Then I walked into the bathroom and saw that we have a spiderman shower curtain. So there I thought, “I think it’s going to be alright.” I met my new roommate as well. (Really tall guy!) I saw his shoes before I ever saw him and it was obvious that he is a big guy. He’s pretty chill. Slightly introverted, but quite nice. We get along quite nicely, which was a good thing for a worried mind. In any case, the move went nicely and I’m settled in. The place is smaller, but there are more drawers and closet space than the old apartment. It makes me live a bit more compactly and organized. I just barely got my piano in. It took me a few days to figure out a good spot to put the piano. It is now in my room sitting majestically to my left. Her name is McKenzy. I like that name.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Monticello (white brick) is where Max and I met! I moved into that ward my last year at BYU, and Max lived there from when he got back from his mission to when he graduated. It's a really fun place to live. Very social ward. Which apt do you live in? Max was in 24 and I was in 11.

Melanie may have already told you that we were going to move into that ward together but then she got engaged... guess it worked out well for both of us though. :)

Hope you like it there!

Sarah Stiles said...

Moving can be a challenge. Before I moved into Park Place (where I met Craig) I lived in Alpine Court, and had lived there for YEARS! I know, totally unheard of at BYU. I was not looking forward to moving, but I really felt prompted by the Spirit. And not very long after I did, I met Craig, and well, you know the rest:-)

Melanie said...

Well, I'm glad the spider man shower curtain saved the day. You make me laugh!

Amy said...

Bryan, I am sad you moved a little further away from me. But I guess I'll get over it. We should still be friends, okay?