Wednesday, April 2, 2008

So long Elder Stiles

Today my family came into town. It is the first day of Chris’s mission. So we dropped him off at the MTC today. It was interesting. It was the first time I have been beyond the front room of the MTC since my mission. We went to the whole orientation meeting and watched ‘Called to Serve’ and then Chris…or now, Elder Stiles went out the back door and we went out the front door. That was it. Now he’s probably exhausted and sleeping in his bed as I write this. He better be because it’s past the bed time that he will soon have for the next 2 years. When I walked through I had a lot of flashback moments. It was interesting. I guess it was the start of one of the most significant parts of my life to this point. I thought back to all the things I learned the troubles I had, the spiritual experiences, so many things. Now Chris is going to go experience all that. But at the same time his experiences will be unique to himself, while at the same time being extremely similar to those of every other missionary. We it’s a strange thing. But he is going to have the best time of his life.
After we left Elder Stiles we saw Uncle Ken outside. He was a bit late, but we talked to him for a while. Actually everyone else talked with him and I got to play with Aubrey and keep her occupied the whole time. That girl started running around and must have covered a full mile! So much energy! She’s just an adorable little girl though. I love it when Melanie and Mathis come down, or I get to go up to Bountiful. I can just play with my little niece and it’s sooo fun. And now to make it better, my nephew lives up here too! Who happens to love his uncles! I certainly don’t have a problem with that.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Hey, you do have a blog!!! Ooops, sorry I totally forgot about it. :) But now I have your link on my site, and vice versa, so we can read each other's blogs! Well, thanks for chasing around the little fireball! Sorry you didn't get to visit much with Uncle Ken, but you see him more than any of us do, so its all good, right? Well, Aubrey apparently thinks its a good idea to stick pencils in her eyes, so I better get going. Ohh...she's calling them binoculars. Whatever they are, I better go...bye!

Sarah Stiles said...

I am so sad we missed Chris going into the MTC. I don't think Craig got to see you off, either, did he? You should try volunteering in the LRC. They always need people, especially if you speak a foreign language!

Cameron likes seeing you, too. He is always asking to see "Unca By-un", or "Go Unca By-un's house!" Apparantly, you're a big hit, LOL.

Breezy said...

oh my goodness!! a cant believe chris is now in the mtc...well elder stiles i mean.

and cool how you found my blogg bryan!!