Monday, May 26, 2008

Tact?

It’s Monday night and I just prepared the lesson for FHE in 30 mins. My roommate asked me to do it yesterday and said he would have done it but he wasn’t sure if he’d be back in time to prepare it. I didn’t really ask him where he would be, I had no problem preparing a lesson which has turned out to be an interesting experience that I may blog about at a later time. Well I don’t know what he had planned yesterday, but right now he is watching a movie with a cute girl in the living room. I assume that’s what he had planned. For a split second when I realized that that was his “excuse” I felt a tiny bit of annoyance that he put the lesson on me for that. Then I thought… ha ha I’m silly. But then I thought, well if he had just asked me to give the lesson with no excuse as to why he couldn’t do it I wouldn’t have cared. He’s the FHE coordinator, that’s what he’s supposed to do. Delegate. And then I thought, well if he had said, “I would do it but I have this date with this girl that I really like right now” I would have been more than happy to play cupid and allow my roommate a wonderful chance to court a girl. However, it’s the “I may not have time” excuse that was almost annoying when I found out that it was a date. How strange is that? I imagine that a freshman who has never roomed with anyone before may very well have been annoyed by that. What’s the difference? They all have the same outcomes for me. Why were two completely fine and the other one only fine because I’m easy going? I guess this is why some people have tact when dealing with others and some don’t. It’s like having a roommate ask you to do the dishes. If he does it one way you’ll have no problem with it, but another way you will. You still do the dishes the same way but somehow it’s different. The brain is strange.

1 comment:

Sarah Stiles said...

Your brain is confusing, LOL. But I can definitely understand what you are saying. I think it could be even worse for women. We have very complicated minds, and are generally ruled more by our emotions. One misplaced comment can lead to many hurt feelings, or worse. Then again, saying the right thing will give you a friend for life:-)