Sunday, July 5, 2009

Dinosaurs and Thai!

So on Friday I went on a date to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point. It was a lot of fun! I remembered that I really like dinosaurs. It brought me back to the old days of playing with Craig and all our dinosaur action figures that he had. We learned all the names and what kind of dinosaurs they were. We could tell you if they were carnivores, herbivores, or even a rare few omnivores. We even knew what periods some of them lived in (i.e. Triassic, Jurassic, and Cretaceous). I remember one time when Craig remarked that certain dinosaurs from the movie “Jurassic Park” weren’t even alive during the Jurassic period. What an atrocity! Of course, I don’t really remember all that much now. But I still remember the names of the basic dinosaurs and the general families of different kinds. The names of some of the lesser known ones came right back too. So we walked around the museum, me like a nerd in his element, talking about all the dinosaurs, her… well I think she was enjoying it too. It’s hard for one to tell. But she didn’t look bored or annoyed. And I did my best to throw in more interesting conversational topics too. There is a nice place for kids to dig around in dirt there too. Like they are real paleontologists! I was kind of tempted to play around in that mud… but I passed. So bottom line, dinosaur museum = cool.

We also went to the Thai house. It’s a nice little classy restaurant. You get quite a bit of food, and it’s not wildly expensive. They have good fried ice cream too. That was yummy. The food seemed like it could have used a little more flavor, but maybe I just picked a slightly bland item. It was a really healthy dish though. Many vegetables and stuff. I like vegetables and stuff. I’d recommend it as a good place to go for anyone looking for a date place or just food.

1 comment:

Sarah Stiles said...

Craig still remembers most of the dinosaurs. One of my favorite little activities is to see how many of those plastic model dinosaurs that you see in toy stores he can name without looking at the label. Some of them are pretty obscure. He hasn't missed one yet!

We really want to take Cameron to the dinosaur museum. We know he would love it!