Sunday, July 19, 2009

Ultimate Showdown

Well it’s been an interesting week. I think I will devote this blog to last weekend. So I’ll start with a funny story from work. About a year and a half ago I was talking with a coworker named Nicki about our dating lives. This is a common topic that comes up at work. She related the fact that it seems like every boy she had gone on a date with got a girlfriend soon after that date. I had just gone through a slew of dates where the girls had all gotten boyfriends shortly after. We were cursed. So in an effort to try to counteract the curse we figured we would throw a curve ball back at the curse. We decided to go on a date with each other. I can just see the curse now, “oh crap… they are together! What am I going to do?! Er.. uh… syntax error…. Kaboom!” So to make a long story short, Nicki and I went on a date and then she met a boy soon after and started dating him. She just married him a month or so ago too. Apparently the curse sneaked away in one piece by making me more powerful. So a few months later I took out another girl from work a few times. After those dates she met the guy that she just married a few weeks ago. Then fast forward to spring term. Another friend from work, Ceri, and I spontaneously went to a Chinese restaurant. Well then she ended up getting a boyfriend short after that. So we were joking about this at staff meeting one day and Jessi said that she wanted in on this beneficiary curse and that she had experienced the same thing. So we agreed to go on a date.

The day of the date we ended up setting up a tournament bracket to illustrate the effects of the curse.



So on that note we went on our date.

First we went to Rippley’s. It’s a burger place here in Provo that was featured the acclaimed church movie “The Phone Call.” which can be seen here. It’s a funny movie. After that we headed over to Color Me Mine. It’s a nice place where you pick out a cup or a bowl or some other kitchen piece and then color it. Then they gloss it and put it in a kiln and give it back to you a few days later. So it was a lot of fun. Here are some pictures of our creations.


Yes, that is a frisbee player that highly resembles me.


And the gnome was a nice touch I thought.





3 comments:

Jessi said...

So... am I still winning? Because I sure haven't gone on any more dates since then... :)

Melanie said...

Cool bowl, dude. :) I especially like the cheesing pics of you posing with the bowl. Very nice. :)

Melanie said...

*oops...I mean cheesy*